I have described below the steps I take to update my Option ROM on the motherboard P5QLE (I found these steps on Asus forum).
- Get MMTool_3.22_Mod_21FiX
- Open MMTool and “Load ROM” to open your BIOS ROM
- Highlight the Option ROM (typically under the name column there will be “PCI Option ROM” and has a “RunLoc” of 8086:2822 for the ICH10). IF YOUR RUNLOC IS DIFFERENT LOCATE THE CORRECT ONE! 8086 means the manufacturer is Intel and 2822 means it is a ICH10 chipset ROM. For a list of Vendor and Device IDs goto www.pcidatabase.com
- Once you have the CORRECT option ROM highlighted, select the “Replace” tab. (Do NOT delete and insert the updated ROM)
- On the Replace tab, click Browse to find your updated Option Rom.
- Once the correct ROM has been selected, click Replace.
- Use “Save ROM as…” to make a new ROM file and keep your stock ROM intact.
- Use the Asus EZ Flash 2 utility in your BIOS to update your Option ROM.
Note: You can download the latest Intel Raid Rom and Intel Rapid Storage Technology from http://forums.tweaktown.com
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR MOTHERBOARD!