From Scott Hanselman's Blog April 04, 2013 at 08:42AM
I have a “whenever I get around to doing it” Newsletter of Wonderful Things. Why a newsletter? I dunno. It seems more personal somehow. Fight me.
Still, it’s one more site to check and it’s a hassle for some of you Dear Readers. Therefore, I will still do the newsletter, but I’ll post each newsletter to the blog some weeks later.
Here’s the LAST newsletter, delay-posted as I do.
Thanks again for signing up for this experiment. Here’s some interesting things I’ve come upon this week. If you forwarded this (or if it was forwarded to you) a reminder: You can sign up at http://hanselman.com/newsletter and the archive of all previous Newsletters is here.
- In fact, HackerNewsletter is a good way to get just the good stuff out of HackerNews.
- Pure CSS Speech Bubbles. Yes please.
- Batman Replacing Characters In Other Movies. Insane.
- What happens if you replace all the guns in movies with a Thumbs Up?
- The Internet’s Best Placeholder Image Sites for Web Development
- Candid superhero moments.
- Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling in 1994. Don’t ask.
- Fascinating: Growing up Black in China.
- The Pope in 2005 and in 2013. Notice something in the crowd?
- Jean Grae is the greatest female MC you’ve never heard of. Well, I have. But YOU haven’t.
- Could the eagles have flown Frodo into Mordor?
- What to ask for when there’s no room in salary negotiations.
- Why you love Amazon’s giant dropdown. There’s science behind how it works.
- Olympic-style Swim Lane graphics in CSS3 . Yes, the web won.
- Have you broken up with someone over the lack of an Oxford Comma? Perhaps you should have.
- Technology fails in film are the new Wilhelm Scream
- Where Star Wars drew all inspiration .
(BTW, since you *love* email you can subscribe to my blog via email here: http://feeds.hanselman.com/ScottHanselmanDO IT!)
P.P.S. You know you can forward this to your friends, right?
© 2013 Scott Hanselman. All rights reserved.